The Tampa Bay Birth Network's primary mission is to provide a community of professionals, families and individuals who support, educate, and/or promote natural pregnancy, birth and parenting.
Members of the Tampa Bay Birth Network Are Dedicated to Nine Principles:
- Educating women and their partners about pregnancy, natural birth and postpartum care so they are empowered to make personal choices with knowledge and clarity
- Encouraging women and their partners to choose a midwife and/or doula to assist with their pregnancy and labor
- Guiding women toward natural, alternative and complementary care in addition to their regular prenatal and labor care
- Advocating for a reduction in the number of unnecessary medical interventions
- Supporting women and their partners in their new role as parents by offering resources about new parenthood, including breastfeeding, infant sleeping and postpartum care
- Promoting breast milk for at least the first year, exclusively for the first six months
- Maintaining the Midwives Model of Care as outlined by the Citizens for Midwifery
- Maintaining the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative as laid out by the Coalition for Improving Maternity Services
- Supporting all parents without regard to race, religion, culture, creed, gender or gender identity, or sexual orientation, and in a manner that supports all reproductive choices.