The Tampa Bay Birth Network hosted our 8th annual Tampa Birth and Baby Expo on Saturday, March 18, 2017.
Approximately 1,000 attendees spent a day at the Expo getting to know their local birth community & learning about great birth and family resources.
The Expo, which was hosted at at Corbett Preparatory School of IDS in Tampa, FL, featured:
- A Baby Wearing booth where parents can learn from experienced baby wearers and try on different carriers,
- A fenced playground and field where the kids could run and play,
- Over 40 vendors from the Tampa Bay community, including midwives, birth centers, doulas, educators, photographers, nutrition and fitness experts, natural product retailers, chiropractors, family service providers, non-profit educational organizations, and more,
- Concession stand, food vendors, and picnic area,
- Face painting, belly art, and balloon animals,
- Giveaway Bags for the first 200 guests,
- and best of all, a truly amazing raffle with more than 60 items raffled off.
This year also featured kids yoga and a bounce house!
Attendees had the opportunity to attend special events, including a Mother's Blessing ceremony, and 3 special guest speakers.
The Mother's Blessing ceremony, led by Evelyn Ojeda-Fox of the Red Tent Collective, included a relaxing and recharging birth preparation meditation and a crystal bowl musical experience, in addition to cookies and milk.
This year's presentation topics included Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) with Jessica Brumley, CNM, PhD;, Medical Cannabis for Families with David Berger, MD; and Placenta Encapsulation with Amy Lewis.
Kids of all ages enjoyed spending time on the playground and in the bounce house, and making new friends.
This annual Tampa Bay family event had something for everybody!
For more information on the vendors and sponsors of this event, visit our 2017 Expo Sponsors and Vendors page.
Thank you to all of the families, vendors, sponsors, guest speakers and volunteers who helped us achieve another successful Birth & Baby Expo!
Photos courtesy of Christina Kulak Photography.