Meet Community Roots Collective, Member of the Tampa Bay Birth Network and Sponsor of the 2017 Birth & Baby Expo!
The Community Roots Collective, or "The Roots", as we fondly call ourselves, is "Where families come to grow." We have worked to create a place for families to grow their roots by building community through education, resources, and LOVE! We are a non-profit organization that includes shared community space for classes, workshops, and events as well as cooperative of like-minded businesses. We house a midwifery practice, herbal apothecary, photo studio, massage therapist, lactation consultant, and birth and postpartum doula practice.
The Roots was born out of a desire for the Barefoot Birth family to see families beyond their childbearing year. As a midwife, the 6-week postpartum visit was always so bittersweet, but many families also expressed deep sadness and confusion about "where to go" once the birth was over. Families asked us about a place where they could meet like-minded families and continue to build community while raising their littles.
Community Roots Collective offers the following services:
- Barefoot Birth, offering family-centered prenatal care and home birth services with midwife Charlie Rae Young LM, CPM, CLC and Erica Barclay LM
- Sweet Plum Photography, photo studio for newborn, maternity, and boudoir photography with Patricia Cannon.
- Barefoot Herbals, specializing is loose herbs, herbal remedies, self-care products, and personal consultations for treating your family with what nature has to offer.
- Magical Moments Breastfeeding with Jen Morrison, who is an RN and IBCLC, helps mothers meet their breastfeeding goals. She offers postpartum lactation consultations, one-on-one prenatal counseling, assistance with inducing lactation, private back-to-work sessions, and group breastfeeding classes
- Milk & Cookies Birth Services, offering prenatal, birth, and postpartum doula services, as well as childbirth education classes, and breastfeeding counseling.
- Rachel Diaz, a licensed massage therapist specializing Swedish, Deep Tissue, Prenatal, and Trigger Point Therapies.
- Innate Chiropractic and Wellness, a practice focused on pregnancy, pediatrics, & families whose goal is to help members experience well-being, naturally. Dr Rachel Settles practices on-site chiropractic care with a specialty in pregnancy and pediatrics.
We have many classes, standing meet-ups, play groups, workshops, and free kid's event each month. Le Leche League meetings, babywearing groups, book clubs, yoga, and natural family wellness groups are just a few of our most popular events. You can find our calendar of events at www.barefootbirth.com/communityrootscollective
We strive to be a safe place where families can be supported no matter what their parenting styles, influences, or goals are.
With Barefoot Birth actively involved in TBBN for the past 8 years, it was a no-brainer that The Roots would be as well. We appreciate TBBN's commitment to education throughout Tampa Bay and the camaraderie of our local birth and wellness community. We are all honored to be part of a movement that has grown so much over the years.