It's Expo Eve! Here are some highlights that all of you joining Tampa Bay Birth Network, the awesome sponsors and vendors, can expect tomorrow, 11am - 4pm, at Corbett Preparatory School of IDS in Tampa.
- Lots and lots (did we say LOTS?!!?) of parents and parents-to-be. All early indicators predict this will be the largest expo yet. Why? Partially because more and more people realize there is something to this "know your options" idea in peaceful birth and parenting. That is great news!
- Fun stuff for the littles. Playground, drumming, finger plays, hula-hooping, kid-friendly food.
- Guest speakers. For the first time, three different speakers will address important questions: routine infant circumcision, breastfeeding and childbirth options. Get the info you need before making a decision. "When you know better, you do better," said the poet Maya Angelou.
- FREE STUFF!!! The first 200 people through the door will get amazing goody bags. They are stuffed full of samples, coupons, truly useful information and offers. In addition, we'll raffle off a long laundry list of amazing prizes donated by our awesome partners in the business community.
- Vendors and care providers. This is a terrific opportunity to meet in person the likes of midwives, lactation consultants, other birth workers and care providers, schools, and vendors of natural lifestyle products in our area.
- Yoga on the lawn!
- The Great Cloth Diaper Change - Our friends at Growing Up St. Pete will need your help to set the Guinness Book of World Records for the most cloth diapers changed at the same time... have you seen cloth diapers lately? These are NOT your grandma's nappies! Don't miss the cloth diaper demo table, too!
- Babywearing Pavilion. Babywearers from Tampa Bay Babywearing will be on hand with a variety of carriers to answer questions and share their love of wearing.
There are more fun, informative things going on all day- come anytime or stay the whole day!
Tampa Bay Birth Network would like to thank, again, its wonderful vendors and sponsors, including Suncoast Waldorf School, Tampa Bay Parenting, Happy Birth Way, Balance Chiropractic, Labor of Love Tampa, Green Locus Yoga and Organics, Hypnobirthing and Lady Bits. Through their support, and all of our community members, we're able to bring events like the Expo, education and networking to parents in Tampa Bay. Our passion is to promote and further natural pregnancy, birth and parenting.
We'd also like to thank our generous hosts at Corbett Preparatory School of IDS for the use of their beautiful campus and facilities. Thank you!!!
See you tomorrow!